According to Law, the Organisation may delegate the authorization of payments of several measures. This action was considered a good option, in order to take advantage of the previous experience of such bodies on specific measures. Agreements between CAPO and seven delegated bodies were signed as follows: Department of Agriculture, Department of Forestry, The Cyprus Milk Industry Organisation, The Wine Products Council, The Ministry of Commerce, Industry and Tourism, The Customs & Excise Department, The Grain Commission.
According to the delegation agreements, the functions transferred to the delegated bodies are carried out under the supervision of CAPO, which still has the responsibility of the actual payments. For this reason, CAPO controls the activities of the delegated bodies on a regular basis.
It should be noted that the transfer of certain functions to the delegated bodies only concerns the authorization of payments, and only for certain schemes and measures. All the other measures, as well as functions concerning the execution of payments and keeping of accounts, remain with CAPO.
- The Department of Agriculture of the Ministry of Agriculture, Natural Resources and the Environment.
- The Forestry Department of the Ministry of Agriculture, Natural Resources and the Environment.
- The Ministry of Commerce, Industry and Tourism.
- The Customs & Excise Department
- The Milk Industry Organization
- The Wine Products Council
- Ministry of Interior
The Measures are divided in 3 basic categories:
1. Area Payment Scheme
It is made up of three sub-schemes:
· Single Area Payments Scheme, which will be 100% funded from the EAGGF.
· National Scheme for Direct Complementary Aid
· State Aid Scheme. Headage payments are included in the State Aid Scheme.
2. Rural Development Plan Measures (R.D.P.)
3. Measures of the Common Organisations of Markets